Almost immediately after the MondoChallenge Foundation was set up, our teacher volunteers to the region of NE India wanted to support activities in the villages where they had lived and worked.
Since then we have gone on to support fourteen schools in this region. Our funds have focused on school buildings, teacher training and student activities to provide a better education.
- The Education Grants Programme has been extended to cover 14 small schools in the Kalimpong and Darjeeling regions with 1870 children being supported.
- Grants were given to Sacred Heart and Magno Vale for their new building programmes.
- Inter-school activities continued to take place as did the cubs and brownies.
- Village Discovery Tours were promoted through tour operators with the aim of bringing additional visitors to the area.
- Agricultural projects continue to take place at Sacred Heart and other villages.